1. Schedule your meals: Most people only focus on what’s on their plate, but not on meal times. Eating smaller meals every three to four hours can boost your metabolism, which helps burn fat. The key is knowing your portion size to eat enough to continue for a few more hours.
2. Eat more protein: It is a proven fact that our body burns more calories when we consume protein supplements than fat or carbohydrates. Loading up on quality protein will boost your metabolism and also help retain muscle mass, all of which help burn fat. A study published in the American Journal of Physiology compared 2 groups, where the first group was fed a high protein bodybuilding diet and the second group was fed a low protein bodybuilding diet and the group that consumed more protein burned more fat .
3. Spice: Surprisingly enough, some spices contain phytochemicals that break down fat deposits in the body while breaking down cholesterol; kill viruses, bacteria and fungi; and protects against heart disease. First on the list are garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, and chili peppers.
4. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): This means alternating a short period of high intensity exercise with short periods of rest. The result: lose more fat in less time.
Try to jump rope as fast as you can for 10-20 seconds, followed by half a minute at a slower cadence.
5. Fight fat with fiber: The best sources of fiber can come from fruits and vegetables. You should consume about 25 grams a day. Research indicated that a little fiber can increase fat burning by as much as 30 percent. Studies find that those who consume the most fiber gain less weight over time.
6. Train with weights: Weight training has a number of benefits, and burning fat is one of them. Weight training itself burns calories. Studies also show that weight training increases the calories you burn at rest for up to 39 hours after your workout.
7. Drink milk: evidence shows that calcium deficiency can slow down metabolism. Research shows that consuming calcium through dairy products like skim milk and low-fat yogurt can also reduce the absorption of fat from other foods.
8. Train on an empty stomach once a week: This helps the body keep adrenaline high and blood sugar low. When you exercise while fasting, you essentially force your body to shed fat, as your body’s fat-burning processes are controlled by your sympathetic nervous system (SNS), and your SNS is activated by exercise and lack of food. . The combination of fasting and exercise maximizes the impact of cellular factors and catalysts (cyclic AMP and AMP kinases), which force the breakdown of fat and glycogen for energy.
9. Drink more water: Being dehydrated can trick your body into feeling hungry. The consensus in the bodybuilding diet community is that high water storage within the muscles acts as an anabolic factor. This allows the muscles to maintain a positive nitrogen balance, which directly impacts muscle growth.
10. Eat more avocados: Avacates are loaded with the kinds of healthy fats you need to keep your body burning fat. Plus, by eating more of nature’s healthiest foods, like avocados and almonds, you’re much less likely to feel hungry again soon after you’ve eaten. As an added health benefit, eating a diet high in omega-9 fats, of which avocado is one of the best sources, has been shown to have the potential to lower blood levels of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol by at the same time that it increases the “good” cholesterol of the high-density lipoproteins.
11. Drink Green Tea: Green tea is loaded with fat-burning antioxidants. When you drink a cup of tea, you are actually getting a lot of beneficial substances with powerful biological effects. The best known of them is caffeine. A cup of green tea contains much less caffeine (24-40 mg) than a cup of coffee (100-200 mg), but still enough to have a mild effect. Caffeine is a well-known stimulant that has been shown to help burn fat and improve exercise performance in numerous studies.
12. Plan cheat meals: If you’re strict all week, a pig-out will prime your body to lose more weight. People have been shown to adhere more strictly to their healthy diet routine when they expect to eat their favorite foods one day a week. Strategic planning for cheat meals can be rewarding and can also help control your daily junk food cravings.